OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH ORIENTATION
Apart from the function of teaching, lecturers of Department of Economics have been implementing and transferring scientific research projects in both domestic and overseas, so this is highly appreciated by College, enterprise community and society.
With the assigned repsonsiblity, the lecturers of Department of Economics have been oriented to mainly focusing on some main research activities, as following:
- Applying the theories and economics models to main fields of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- Evaluating the role of micro-finance
- Applying experimental economics and behavioral economics
- Evaluating the production and business efficiency of farmers and enterprises
- Evaluating the role of science and technology applications to the manufacturing business of farmers and enterprises.
- Transferring economic structure and proposing economic models toward green economy as well as sustainable development.
1. The projects of Ministry level
- Assessment of corresponding strategies of enterprises in Mekong Delta in the condition of integrated economic. The head of project: Quan Minh Nhut, accepted in 2011.
2. The projects of provincial /municipal level
- Proposing solutions to improve an efficiency of application of technical advances for rice production in Dong Thap province. The head of project: Quan Minh Nhut, accepted in 2011.
- Assessing the factors affecting the application of advances in science and technology to manufacturing business of enterprises in Can Tho. The head of project: Quan Minh Nhut, accepted in 2013.
3. The projects of school/grassroots level
- Assessing the level of satisfaction of human resources training in Mekong Delta in Can Tho University. The head of project: Quan Minh Nhut, accepted in 2011.
4. International cooperation projects
- An efficiency analysis of the selected enterprises in the Mekong River Delta, Vietnam. The head of project: Quan Minh Nhut, implemented within the framework of NPK-Netherlands project, accepted in 2009.
- Gender Equality and Assessment of Women Empowerment in Heifer Vietnam Project. The head of project: Quan Minh Nhut, implemented within the framework of Heifer Vietnam project, accepted in 2016.