Department of Agricultural Economics is one of the departments of College of Economics of Cantho University. The department is also one the very first established departments of Cantho University.
The establishment and development of the Department:
- Year of establishment: 1978
- The initial name: Agricultural economics department, Faculty of Agriculture.
- 1979: upgraded to Agricultural economics Faculty
- 1995: renamed to School of Economics and Business Administration (SEBA) and the Department was named as General Economics.
- 2004: the Department of Agricultural Economics was established from a part of Department of General Economics
- 2007: renamed to Department of Agricultural, Resource and Environmental Economics
- 2015: the Faculty was renamed to College of Economics and the Department was splitted into the Department of Agricultural Economics and Department of Resource and Environmental Economics
- The Department of Agricultural Economics strives to be a premier source of education, research, and leadership development
- Offering excellent agricultural and environmental economics courses of high quality that meets the Vietnamese and international standards.
- Building highly professional staff with high social accountability and offering students courses of high quality to contribute to the development of the region.