CALL FOR PAPER: UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-DOWNTOWN AND CAN THO UNIVERSITY 2018 International Economics and Business Conference
May 31 – June 1, 2018
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018
Globalization has improved world trade and consequently the living standard of mankind. Its unintended consequences are challenges precipitated by economic and financial contagions. Countries in different parts of the world face different challenges due to differences in stages of development, national economic policies, governance, culture, and other institutional arrangements.
The primary goal of the conference is to provide a unique global platform for academics and practitioners to meet and exchange ideas on the challenges faced by international communities in this age of globalization. This will be achieved through multi-disciplinary presentations and discussions of current business and economic issues in developing and developed countries.
To fulfill this goal, we request that you submit manuscripts that address the issues of globalization and its unintended consequences as well as all functional areas of business administration and entrepreneurship such as accounting, economics, operations, finance, information systems, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, hospitality and tourism management, etc.
The 2018 University of Houston Downtown-Can Tho University International Economics and Business Conference will be held at University of Economics and Law in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, May 31th – June 1st, 2018.
The expanded conference is expected to be very strong because of quality papers presentations, and reasonable registration fees ($125 by May 10, 2018; $150 by May 20, 2018 and $175 on site), which include Luncheon and Conference Proceedings, the access to a doctoral consortium, and panel discussion of many relevant topics. Also, there is a surcharge of $ 45 for each additional paper.
Areas of Interest
Researchers worldwide are encouraged to submit work from all fields of Economics, Business and related areas. Submissions addressing issues related to accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, education, trade, e-commerce, supply chain management, laws, government, insurance and risk management, international business, or strategy are particularly welcome.
Submission of Proposals
- Submissions: Authors may submit full-length papers, research-in-progress papers, abstracts, or proposals for special panels to the Program Chair by the above-mentioned deadline. All papers will be double-blind reviewed.
- Proceedings: Accepted papers may be published in the University of Houston-Downtown-Can Tho University conference proceedings (ISSN 2472-9329-Print and 2472-9310-Online). For publication in the proceedings, at least one author must pre-register for the conference and submit the applicable page fees (no page fees for up to ten typed pages in a single-spaced format). Papers longer than 10 pages will be considered case by case and may be charged a page fee of $2 per page beyond the first ten pages. Please note the 10-page free benefit would apply to a maximum of three papers per author. For additional papers beyond the three papers, the page fees will apply to all pages at the $2 per page rate.
- All papers must describe original and unpublished Publication in the proceedings does not preclude subsequent publication in other journals when proper acknowledgments are made.
- Doctoral and other students are encouraged to submit papers. For doctoral students, please indicate your doctoral status. Students get a discount of $30 on the registration fees and $10 on each additional paper.
- Full-length papers should not exceed 30 double-spaced pages. The first page should be the title page. The second page should include the title of the paper on the top, followed by an abstract not exceeding 150 words. The main body of the paper should follow the abstract.
- Research-in-progress papers should not exceed ten double-spaced pages and should include the research questions, summary of the relevant literature, a brief overview of expected results, and the significance of the results.
- Proposals for special panels should not exceed four double-spaced pages. The proposals should include the purpose of the panel, the names and affiliations of participants, a summary of contributions, and the justification for the proposal.
- All submissions must have a title page with the title of the paper, general subject area of the paper, the name(s) of the author(s), their affiliation(s), and complete address of all authors including phone, fax, and email addresses.
- Please submit your proposal(s) to the Program Chair via https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=uhdctuucl2018 as required. The deadline for the receipt of submissions is Monday, April 30, 2018.